Join the most active Chamber in the region
THE VOICE OF THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY
Please help us to help you. Our latest business confidence survey is out now. Can you spare just 10 minutes? Your responses to this survey help us build a picture of what our local business community is experiencing and how we can best provide assistance for all business people in our region.
The Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce, alongside our Bronze Partner, Red Hot Business Coaching & Consulting, works with local businesses every day, providing support and helping businesses to grow and succeed.
The information you provide helps us to be a loud voice for local business and to deliver a comprehensive programme of events, training, advocacy, media, business-critical information and other valuable support services.
We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.
The Business Confidence Survey is sponsored by Red Hot Business Coaching & Consulting. Red Hot helps business owners get their lives back. If you require specific 1:1 business support, find out more at www.redhot.co.nz.
As a Chamber, we are working very closely with all local and central government agencies to provide you with as much useful and practical support and information as possible.
Your Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce is part of the Business Response Team established locally and nationally in response to COVID-19. Our role is to ensure your voice and needs are being met as we work together through the impacts of COVID-19.
The Latest Business Support & COVID-19 Updates
- MINIMUM WAGE INCREASE of 6% from 1 April 2021
- Information on COVID-19 VACCINATIONS
- NEW PAYMENT FOR EMPLOYERS if an employee can’t work from home while awaiting a COVID-19 test
- FLEXI-WAGE EXPANSION means businesses can now receive an average of $7,500 per employee
- DISCOUNTED TAX RATES for your first year in business
- LAW CHANGES RECAP for businesses – what’s changed in 2020
- APPRENTICESHIP FUNDING including Apprenticeship Boost, Mana in Mahi and Group Training Schemes
- Support for COMMERCIAL RENT DISPUTES due to COVID
- SMALL BUSINESS LOAN SCHEME extended to 31 December 2023
- Small business loan scheme ELIGIBILITY TOOL
- BUSINESS DEBT HIBERNATION
- Government-funded DIGITAL BOOST Skills Training Initiative offers free tools for small businesses
- TRAVEL EXEMPTIONS ACROSS ALERT LEVEL BOUNDARIES
- BORDER CLOSURES and exceptions
- Changes to TEMPORARY WORK VISAS
- Information on AUTOMATIC VISA EXTENSIONS
- MANAGED ISOLATION AVAILABILITY
- Fee increases for critical workers in MANAGED ISOLATION from 1 January 2021
- TRAVEL WITHIN REGIONS and mask information
- See a current list of local MASK MANUFACTURERS
Latest Information from Ministry of Health
The NZ Covid Tracer app creates a digital diary of the places you visit
- Useful posters for your workplace available here including good hygiene, physical distancing, seating, maximum numbers of people etc.
The Current New Zealand Situation
Extensive reference site where you can see the current number of cases, latest media releases, current travel restrictions, isolation procedures and many other resources.
Local Level Support for Hutt Valley Businesses
Upper Hutt City Council, Hutt City Council and the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce have formed the Hutt Valley Business Response Team. Together, we’ve built a Hutt Valley specific website and Facebook group containing business support resources, information, advice and a means to stay connected and respond to your questions.
We encourage you to visit this site regularly and join the group. Share tips, collaborate, connect, stay up to date and get assistance.
Official Government Sources of Information for Business
Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is the Government’s primary business-facing agency. See current financial support available from MBIE.
Official Government website for business, bringing together information relating to COVID-19, how it may affect your business and how you can stay up to date as new information comes to hand.
We always appreciate hearing from our Chamber members
Congratulations to you and your Team for the enhancement of the web site to respond to the extraordinary times confronting home and business. Indeed more than that. To our communities. I was just a child when the great depression arrived. Too young then to know how it would affect and did affect my family. Some of our members today may never recover.
As a member from the Grand Stand, so to speak, I hope the voice of the Chamber will now be to urge Government to allow business to get on with the job. Life is a risk that has to be taken some times. A fact is those at the top of the decision tree all have jobs. Seriously well paid by the Tax Payers. It is now time for the risk takers in business to be allowed to do what they do best. To get back to work to generate wealth for the economy.
Best wishes. Stay Healthy and Safe.